Okay, anyone who knows me knows that I live in leggings so of course I am going to say YES! Wear leggings, always. However, my hubs showed me this hilarious video last week of an adorable southern women talking about how “leggings aint pants” (if you haven’t seen it, you absolutely HAVE to watch it, best two minutes of your life, click here). The video really got me thinking… what are the do’s and don’ts of wearing leggings?
Here’s my honest opinion, if you don’t agree, cool! I am just voicing MY opinion, everyone is entitled to their own and I am totally okay if you have your own, even if its different than mine :).
When it’s okay to wear leggings as pants:
- I think that there is a time and a place. For instance, around your house, running errands, to the gym, etc. That being said, when I am bumming around and not doing anything professional, I wear leggings as pants…yes I do.
- Size does matter, if you are wearing leggings three sizes too small, they are going to be extremely revealing and therefore…make people feel uncomfortable. So pay attention to how tight your leggings are, with that said…
- Leggings that are see through are not okay on anyone, they just aren’t. No one wants to see your crotch. If you go to buy leggings, try them on, test the fabric. If you have to go a size up because they are stretching too much so you can actually see your skin, then please do that. There are TONS of leggings out there that are completely opaque. I personally buy LuLulemon leggings, they are made to be completely see through fabric (no matter how much you stretch) check out my Where to buy LuLulemon legging for cheap post (heck no, I do not pay $100 for my LuLu’s even though I love them with all of my heart a soul).
When it’s not okay to wear leggings as pants:
- To work, especially if you work with kids. I know that at the school I teach at we are prohibited to wear leggings unless our tush is completely covered. It’s understandable, work attire is work attire.
- To church…. no explanation needed?
- Where you know people will feel uncomfortable about your leggin’ wearing and then make you feel uncomfortable…haha jk, really though, be considerate of what other people feel. I know some people can be petty and offensive but they are entitled to their own opinions and some people are more sensitive than others.
Now, with all of that being said. I have the most perfect leggin’ wearing tunic to show you today. Its from Shop Bouvardian it’s literally the perfect length, giving you plenty of coverage over your bum and its so CUTE and COMFY!
My leggings are from Agnes and Dora, they have so many amazing leggings so if my post inspired you to be a legging wearer then you should totally go visit them next. I love that these look like jeans, such a fantastic invention.
So tell me, do you think leggings are ever okay to wear as pants?