Hello, my name is Whit, its nice to meet you haha. I am so sorry that I have been completely non existent these days. Growing a human is hard and after work I come home and crash, I feel no energy to work on my blog posts…which is ridiculous. I need to better and I promise I will be!
With that said, I go 7 days without washing my hair, yes 7! And yes I work out, every single day I get my sweat on. Still, I only wash my hair once a week and it was the best decision that I ever made. My hair is healthier, happier, and longer than ever. Right now I am on day 5 of 7 and don’t feel gross at all.
Here are my three “must do’s” to keep your hair looking fresh and voluminous for those 7 days:
- DRY SHAMPOO!!! Have you heard of it? If not, you are in for a real treat here. I literally could not go 7 days, or even two days for that matter, without washing my hair without dry shampoo. I put it on my scalp, separating my hair about every three inches and spraying all around every single morning. My favorite dry shampoo ever is from Luseta Beauty, it seriously works wonders and leaves no residue in your hair! You can get 20% off your purchase right now! Enter in code “Whitney20” at checkout.
- Don’t be afraid to branch out and do a few different hair styles! These hairstyles do NOT need to take you a long time to do. I am school teacher and I do not spend longer then 5-7 minutes on my hair each day, no lie. I will list the different hair styles I wear below.
- Invest in a cute hat…or two! I will be honest, on day 6- 7 my hair is starting to feel like it could use a good wash so I put on a hat and call it good! Hats are so trendy and the best way to cover up any sort of greasy-ness on top of your head. I don’t know what I would do without my hats, and I have a slight addiction to them. Someone help me!
Here is a breakdown of how I wear my hair each day, sometimes it varies, depending on the time, or different activities I might be doing on different days, etc.
- Day one, down straight. I take advantage of that fresh clean feeling!
- Day two, down straight again, my hubs LOVES my hair down and straight so I wear it that way for two days in a row. It still feels so fresh and clean that next day, especially with my dry shampoo. Here’s what day two straight hair looks like:
- Day three, slightly wavy, I sleep with my hair in a lose braid each night. Because of that I wake up and it has a slight wave to it, I go with it! All I do is take a straighter and bend my bangs back a little bit so it goes into a wave with the rest of my hair.
- Day four, big, wavy curls. I take my 2 inch barrel curling iron and curl about 6 pieces of hair, brush it so they all blend together and call it good! This is what it end up looking like:
- Day five, half up. By day five my bangs (which have touched my greasy face all day long up until this point) are starting to struggle to stay not greasy as the day goes on. So I put my hair in a half up to illuminate looking like a grease ball. Sometimes I will curl a few strands of hair, otherwise I leave it wavy from my braid that night. This is what it looks like:
- Day 6, side braid, high pony, or hat day!
- Day 7, side braid, high pony, hat day, or high bun day! Here is what my high bun looks like:
I would love to do any tutorials on any of these hair styles if you would like! I am going to be honest, there have been weeks (especially lately) that I have gone 10 days without washing my hair. I know that sounds ridiculous but heck! Luseta’s Dry shampoo really does work wonders.