In case you haven’t heard, I had my baby two weeks ago! Evelyn Jane Johnson is her name we call her Evie for short and we are absolutely, 100% in LOVE. Being her mama is what I have always meant to be! Click here for her birth story. There was no doctor in the room and my water broke 3 days before I went in to the hospital. It’s definitely an entertaining story!
I can’t believe she’s already two weeks old! We had her two week check up yesterday and she is healthy and growing which makes me so happy but on the flip side my heart is breaking just thinking about her getting older. Growing up my brothers and I would always make fun of my parents and tell them to “cut the umbilical cord” because they always had such a hard time letting us grow up and when we went away to college it was the hardest thing for them, it nearly ripped their hearts out and I could never quite understand why it was SO hard. They raised us to grow up and leave, right? Yes, right…but it doesn’t make it any easier and boy do I completely understand my parents’ behavior now. How come babies don’t keep?
The hospital stay was fantastic, I felt well taken care of and I had the best hospital bag! I felt 100% prepared and it wasn’t because I’m just that prepared. I had help and I’m going to share that special little secret with you today!
I got a pre-packed hospital bag from Mother Duck Hospital Bag. This bag is absolutely amazing! It comes with every single essential that you might need in the hospital. Not only that but the value of products you get are quality and most of them are reusable. It also comes in a cute bag of your choice! I chose the pink duffel bag but they have different options on their website. I have listed the items included in the hospital bag below:
Tooth Brush & Toothpaste (Tom’s of Maine ®)
Hair Brush & Hair Clips x2
Shampoo, Conditioner, & Spray Kit w/Shower Cap (Fill w/your own choice of products)
Wash Cloth x1
Organic Face Cleanser Towelettes (blûm ®) x3
Beauty Bar (Tom’s of Maine ®)
Deodorant (Tom’s of Maine ®)
Palmer’s Lip Balm
Nail File x1
Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion w/Vitamin E Collagen & Elastin (Palmer’s®)
Disposable Soft Slippers ( one size fits most) x1
Fluffy Socks x2
BPA Free Water Bottle
Pillow & Eye Mask
Pen w/Reading Light
Note Pad & Folder
Lanolin advanced nipple therapy
Disposable Nursing Pads ( Lansinoh®) x4
Disposable Post Partum Underwear X4
Instant Ice Pack x1
Tylenol (1 pack of 2 tabs)
Hemorrhoidal Towelettes with witch hazel x2
Hand Sanitizer alcohol free
Thank You Card x1
Baby on Board Sign
Ready for the best part? They are offering 10% off for my followers! Enter in code “Hospitalbag10” on their website!
Along with all of the fantastic items included in the hospital bag, I added a few items of my own that really made a difference in my hospital stay.
- A Hospital robe from Pink Blush Maternity– This item was honestly life saving. It was so comfy and created easy access for all the time the nurses need to come and poke you in the hospital and if you choose to breastfeed, it was SO easy to have for the times you need to strip down for that :). The best part about the robe is that I felt a whole lot better and more like myself it it than in the hospital gown.
- Covered goods nursing cover– I loved having this to cover up when visitors would come in to the hospital room. because Covered Goods nursing covers are amazing and multi use, I also put it over Evie’s car seat when we left the hospital. This helped my anxious, first time mama, heart know that she’s being more protected from germs as we leave the hospital :).
- Nursing Bra– I got one that I absolutely love from Love Yoo Too. It’s comfy, fantastic quality, and was easy to attach and un attach with one had.
- Baby Sling– I know you might think this one is weird but it was so nice to be able to put Evie in the sling and walk around the hospital room. I might be weird but I never wanted to put her down while we were in the hospital. I just couldn’t get enough of having her right next to me. I also used it for some quality skin to skin time! I love this specific baby sling from Honey and Bump. I ships free with Amazon Prime, which is also a plus!
- A cute going home outfit (of course!)- I got a custom made sparkle name shirt (shown below) from This One Place, an adorable comfy bow from Layla Bell Designs, baby leggings that I got in my cute Flickola bringing home baby suitcase, and newborn moccasins from Freshly Picked. My mom also had this adorable Minky Couture newborn blanket made for Evie with her name on it. It was so fun snugging her in this blanket at the hospital and then bringing her home in it it!
- Thank you notes- my cute friend, Kaylynn from Among The Young suggested that I bring thank you notes to write to the nurses and I am so glad that she did! I felt so grateful to all of the amazing nurses who took such fantastic care of us that I wouldn’t have felt right about leaving without writing them a note.
I am doing a huge giveaway featuring many of these items starting tomorrow on my Instagram! Here’s what I will be giving away:
- $50 gift card to Pink Blush Maternity
- Covered goods nursing cover
- A Nursing Bra from Love You Too
- A baby sling from Honey and Bump
- The Diaper Box from Flickola
- Butt Paste from Boudreaux
- Moccasins from Freshly Picked
So what did you have in your hospital bag? Any must haves that I missed?