Okay like I said in my last Friday favorites post: The Hectic Mama Edition, Right now, I am ALL about things that make my life easier. Life with a newborn is not joke and I don’t have time (or energy, lets be real here) to waste! I talk to my mom a lot about life as a new mom and she will always say to me “Oh I wish I had that when I had babies” isn’t that true though? I feel like now a days we are so lucky to have awesome technology that really makes life easier in so many ways!
So this Friday’s Favorites post is all about my favorite beauty hacks! This post will not only contain some of my favorite beauty items but it will show you how these beauty items will save you time, money, and your sanity!
1. Smile Brilliant Teeth Whitener– This stuff is absolutely amazing! It is a professional teeth whitening system (they take molds of your teeth and everything) that is done completely from home! You don’t need to go into the dentist once. But the best part is that the cost of a the Smile Brilliant system is 100% affordable, especially compared to how much it costs to have teeth whitening done at the dentist.
After you purchase your Smile Brilliant system. They send you this awesome kit with everything you need to make your own dental impressions! Don’t let that scare you, it is the easiest and fastest thing I have ever done! I also love that they give you enough of the impression mix just in case you mess up… I may or may not have had to use that :).
You make the molds, mail them to Smile Brilliant (with their pre paid mailing envelope, within the US only), and within a few days you have your molds back and you’re ready to whiten! You separately buy the professional grade teeth whitening gel and have the option of buying the desensitizing gel as well, which I would highly recommend! It helps so much with sensitive teeth and replenishes the minerals in your teeth! I whitened a total for 4 times, 4! And saw a night and day difference! I couldn’t even believe it! I thought my teeth were white before I started whitening and now that I compare the two, I see that my teeth were actually no where near white before…but they’re white now!
My favorite time to whiten is when I’m working out. I workout at home while Evie is napping so I figure I will kill two birds with one stone and whiten my teeth while I’m at it! This is a picture of me when I was done with one of my workout/whitening sessions and you would NEVER be able to tell that I have the teeth whitening trays in…but I do! You could totally even wear them to the gym and no one would know! Also, please don’t judge the no makeup nasty workout face you see below you… k thanks :).
I would truly recommend the Smile Brilliant teeth whitening system to anyone!
2. The Hot Iron Holster– this is one of the coolest little gadgets I have ever used! This holster will attach to any surface, you can see it attached to my table below, and will hold your super hot hair tools like your curling iron or straighter! What? I know, amazing! When I was a baby I was crawling and accidentally pulled down my moms curling iron off the counter. The curling iron landed on my hand and burnt me really bad, I still have a scar. This hot iron holster is not only convenient to use but also a way safer option to than keeping it on your counter, especially with babies around! They also have different sizes of holsters so you can use them in your kitchen or for other gadgets in your bathroom! I love this product.
3. SkinFix Skin Care System– this stuff feels SO soft and moisturizing on my skin. The beginning of winter always haas my skin feeling really dry but it has been noticeably better because I have been using SkinFix. They have a whole line of awesome skin care products that I love to use but my favorites are the foaming oil cleanser, moisture boost serum, hydrating cream (for night time), and hydrating lotion (for the morning). An added bonus to the amazing-ness: this stuff smells absolutely DELICIOUS!
4. Restore Healing Balm– this stuff is literally five products in one! That is my kind of product. It has healed Evie’s diaper rash, conditioned lips, set my brows, and provided long lasting hydration on anything I have put it on! I’ve been using it on my heels (they were staring to look cracked and gross….ugh!) and couldn’t believe the difference. It has helped so much I don’t even have to use it every day because they are so moisturized from the day before!
5. Charm Choker from Jo N Arrow– okay okay okay, I know this isn’t technically a beauty “hack” but chokers are all the rage right now and if you are a little hesitant on the choker trend, this is the choker for you! It is subtle with a hint of class and sophistication while still being a choker. I absolutely LOVE itand the quality of Jo N Arrow products is top notch….plus they don’t charge you an arm and a leg. AND to make it even better… I have discount code for you (major happy dance) use code “WHIT15” for 15% off your purchase at Jo N Arrow! The adorable wishbone necklace from the picture below is also from Jo N Arrow!
So what are your favorite beauty hacks?? I think that might be one of my very favorite topics to talk about and I know I am missing out on tons of awesome products!