Okay guys these healthy chicken and bacon ranch flatbread sandwiches get a double thumbs up from the hubs. He seriously asked for them for dinner every single day last week and they are so fast and easy to make that I obliged without thinking twice :). These yummy sandwiches have fiber and tons of protein in them, you would never guess that they are healthy!
I cut cute little jack-o-lantern faces into the flatbread to make these a fun Halloween treat, these especially would be so much fun if you have little ones at home!
What I love most about them is that they are easily adaptable. If you want to add more cheese go for it, if you want to add less bacon, its totally fine (although… who would add less bacon? Lets be real :)).
Here’s the recipe:
Calories per sandwich: 347
Prep: 5 min.
Cook: 10 min.
Ready in: 15 min.
- 6 FlatOut Fold It Rosemary and Olive Oil Flatbread
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- ½ c. onion diced
- ½ c. green pepper diced
- ½ c. bacon bits
- 1 c. diced cooked chicken
- ½ c. ranch dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lay out your flatbread, take a knife to cut the jack-o-lantern face into the flatbread (if you decide to do that).
3. Layer two pieces of cheddar cheese on either side of the flatbread.
4. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of onion and 1 tablespoon of green pepper on the cheese that’s layered on the flatbread.
5. Sprinkle 8-9 pieces of cooked cubed chicken on one side of the flatbread.
6. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon bacon bits on either side of the flatbread.
7. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons (I really don’t measure this part, I just drizzle to my hearts content!) of ranch dressing on either side of the flatbread.
8. Sandwich the flatbread together and place on greased cookie sheet.
9. Cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees or until flatbread is golden brown and cheese is melted.