This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BearyMerryVTechMom #CollectiveBias
So what is the perfect gift for a new mom? Peace of mind. And that’s EXACTLY what you’ll be giving them if you get them the VTech VM341-216 Bear 2 Camera Full Color Video Monitor. We are 100% absolutely obsessed with it! Before we got this monitor we were actually using two monitors in Evie’s room (yes, we are first time parents what gave it away? :)), the first monitor was the VTech Safe and Sound Audio Monitor that I talked about in my biog post here. We LOVED this monitor but once Evie started rolling around her crib and sleeping on her tummy I really wanted a monitor with a video function so I could see her as well as hear her. So my hubs and I went and bought a video monitor (not the VTech brand) one that we thought we would like and within a week the audio stopped working! So we ended up having to keep both of the monitors in her room so we could see AND hear her. After a few weeks of this I was sick of with having to carry two parent units around with me! That’s when we got the VTech Bear Video Monitor. We have been using it for almost a month and we absolutely LOVE it!
It works like a charm! Here are my favorite things about this monitor:
- It’s never glitchy or behind.
- The audio is clear and works fantastically!
- It comes with TWO cameras so you can keep an eye multiple children or on one child in two different rooms.
- There is an option to add up to FOUR cameras to the parent unit so you can keep an eye on FOUR different rooms.
- One of the cameras is a teddy bear shaped one and it is absolutely adorable. It fits right in with Evie’s nursery decor. I love that I don’t have to sacrifice functionality for style!
- Both cameras feature night vision and full color video that displays beautifully on the parent unit LCD screen.
- There is a 1,000 feet range and two way talk back intercom with built in lullabies and soothing sounds to help you comfort your child.
- It tells you the temperature in the room and is extremely accurate. There is even a temperature warning. If your babes room reaches a certain temperature (high or low) it will alert you. I LOVE this function, especially in the winter.
Aside from the incredible peace of mind that the VTech VM341-216 Bear Video Monitor would bring to a new mom there is another gift that you can give that as a new mom myself I feel like I couldn’t live without. It’s a “2 Minute Mama’s Journal” and I have truly loved using it.
I developed my 2 minute journal when Evie was about two weeks old. One night I was feeding her at our usual 3 a.m feeding and she was just staring up into my eyes. Like she was looking straight into my soul. It was as if we were communicating, sharing our mutual, undying love for each other without saying a single word. It was one of those moments I NEVER ever wanted to forget. I knew that I had to write it down but instead of spending 15 minutes dusting off my journal and composing a a whole entry, I pulled out my phone and jotted it down in a note app, it took me less than 2 minutes. The next morning I re-read it and hated how impersonal it felt in that app. I also hated the fact that if it stayed in the app Evie might never see it and I want her to be ale to read it someday.
So I made myself one of these cute fabric notebooks and named it my “2 Minute Mama’s Journal”. Now, when ever something precious happens that I want to remember I will open up my journal and not let myself take longer than two minutes to write it down. I also always include the date and time. I have found that if I try to journal every day or take longer than two minuets it becomes too overwhelming to me and I end up not doing it.
For new moms, “overwhelmed” is a very common word. Giving the new mama in your life the VTech VM341-216 Bear Video Monitor to provide peace of mind and the “2 Minute Mama’s Journal” to help her easily jot down precious memories, you are sure to help with the overwhelming feelings that she is bound to feel.
Here is how to create this adorable, no sew, “2 Minute Mama’s Journal”
- Gather the supplies. You will need the following items:
- 1 x external Fabric piece, I used size 18 in. x 21 in. but sizing really depends on how big your notebook is.
- 2 x internal fabric pieces, I used size 18 in. x 21 in. but sizing really depends on how big your notebook is.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Measure your notebook with the external fabric piece. Make sure that you leave one inch of fabric around the edges of the notebook.
- Lay the notebook on top of the fabric and hot glue the sides of the notebook down.
- Make a snip in the external fabric in line with the spine of the notebook at the top and bottom.
- Now, start gluing all of the corners to the inside notebook cover. Treating the corners like the corners of a present you would wrap.
- Work your way around the notebook, gluing all edges to the inside cover.
- Now you will glue your internal fabric pieces on each inside cover to make it look all nice and cute!
Viola! You’re done :). I love that this DIY “2 Minute Mama’s Journal” is not only extremely useful but it’s also a gift from your heart because you made it instead of just buying a standard journal.
So what are you planning on getting the new mama in your life? Do you think she would like this thoughtful and useful gift?