Ever since getting pregnant with and having Evie my mom has been in absolute awe over how much things have changed since she had kids. She says that everything seems to be easier and more efficient and I couldn’t agree with her more! One of things things that I feel like has changed the most are diaper bags. They are so cute and functional now, I love them! However, there are so many different ones to choose from that at times it can be overwhelming. I am going to give you my best tips and tricks to help you decide which diaper bag is right for you!
One of my absolutely favorite places to find diaper bags of all different shapes, sizes, and budgets is diapers.com. I love their selection!
Here are the top four things that you need to look for and consider when shopping for your diaper bag.
- Budget– of course budget would be a the top of my list! When shopping for a diaper bag, its obviously very important to buy one that will last you but price doesn’t always reflect how durable the product is. Sometimes you pay for the name of a product rather than the product itself. I have found that diapers.com has fantastic options for diaper bags that are well made and low priced! This one is one of my favorites! It’s is SO stylish, cute, and under $60!
- Organization– this is probably one of the most important things to look for in a diaper bag. At times I feel like I am leaving the house with everything except for the kitchen sink. Your diaper bag needs to have plenty of pockets big and small to be able to store everything that you need while you are on the go! Don’t forget that you also need to have enough pockets for your cell phone, wallet, and other personal items that you might have! It’s also crucial that the pockets are sturdy so they tightly hold all of your important items. I love this article from Baby Gear Lab. They give a fantastic list of all of the items you will need to store in your bag:
Items for baby:
- rash cream
- sacks for dirty diapers
- changing pad
- burp cloths
- change of clothes
- nursing cover
- bottle(s) or sippy cup(s)
- binkies and toys
Items for mom:
- water bottle
- hand sanitizer
- cell phone
- makeup and sunscreen
- reading material
Wow! What a list. Believe it or not, I have almost all of those items in my diaper bag as well!
- Wearability– this is where things have changed quite a bit. Now a days there are diaper bags that done just strap around your shoulder. They can also be worn as a back pack, cross body bag, and handbag all in one! Something to think about is how do you want to wear your bag? If you only want to wear it as a backpack then you will be able to get a diaper bag that is a little cheaper. If you want a design that can be word multiple ways then you will end up spending more on your diaper bag. But if that’s important to you…then by all means, go for it! Two of my favorite bags that can be worn in multiples ways are from Fawn Design and Kiki Lu. The plum colored one below is from Fawn Design and the grey one is from Kiki Lu!
- Design– Since you are choosing a diaper bag, you will want to make sure it’s one that can be worn all the time….because lets face it, the days of having a normal purse are out the window :). Try to choose a design that will go with most, if not all of your outfits and accessories. This will ensure that you get the most wear out of your diaper bag and that you’ll look cute while doing so! That’s one the reasons I love my bag from Little Unicorn (pictured below) so much. It literally goes with EVERYTHING and is so stylish!
What is your “go to” diaper bag? Did I miss anything that you have to have in a diaper bag?