I really got “rocked” the last two weeks in terms of my health! Evie came down with hand- foot- mouth disease (aka the disease of satan) and she was so sick and so sad! Then about 4 days after she came down with it- I did too! It was crazy, I woke up one morning and had a little sore throat then 5 hours later I found myself shivering uncontrollably on the couch. I got so sick so fast. Then I got blisters in my throat and it was just….lots of fun! haha needless to say it was a little crazy and I just barely felt well enough to workout until two days ago. Which brings me to my topic of conversation today…. working out! This is actually something that I used to HATE doing (I really, truly did) but now I’ve been going on five years strong consistently working out 4-6 days every single week (yes, even when I was pregnant, you can read about that here) and I think I have learned a lot a long the way! Do you dread working out? Do you frequently do work outs where you just count down the clock the whole time? Well, I have my 3 best tips on how to turn your workout into one of your favorite parts of the day!
First off here’s my my weight loss update, since my last post two weeks ago my weight loss has stalled and I feel like, aside from the fact that weight loss does slow down at some point :), the main reason I haven’t lost anymore is because I haven’t been working out! But so far I have lost 7.5 lbs since being on the Medifast go program and I am still extremely happy about that!
Before I get into my working out tips, let me tell you why working out is so important to not only your health but to your weight loss as well! Here’s what it does for your body:
- Boosts happiness levels
- Reduces your risk of heart disease naturally
- Helps you sleep better
- Gives you an energy boost
- Increases strength and flexibility
- Improves memory
- Increases self-confidence
- Helps you become less susceptible to disease
- Helps you perform better at work
- Helps you live longer
If you want to read more about the benefits of working out, my source for this info is here.
3 best tips on how to turn your workout into one of your favorite parts of the day:
- Always have something you look forward to right after or shortly after your workout– this has been one of my very very best tips on sticking to a workout plan. What I give myself to look forward to has differed throughout the years. Lately what I give myself to look forward to is a nice leisurely walk with Evie right after I workout. That may not seem great to you but I truly look forward to it! A couple of years ago when I was teaching full time I had a 5 am class on Friday mornings that I went to, it was so hard to get up and go to that class but if I did- right after my workout- on my way to school I would stop by McDonald’s and get an egg white delight and a large Diet Coke. I LOVED doing this and it truly made me look forward to pushing myself and going to that class!
- Find a workout plan– workout plans truly are a great way to get into working out if you have been out of the game for a while! They give you something to do every day, they lead you into it nicely, and keep you on track! My favorite workout plan that I have ever tried has been the Mommy Trainer workouts! It’s a 6 week program with varying degrees of difficulty. I love it!
- Get a good workout playlist– No, I’m not necessarily talking about pumping some Eminem through your headphones while you’re working out…unless that’s the way you roll! I actually love to listen to my favorite songs while I’m working out. Whether that be Rascal Flatts (one of my faves), any new song I recently “shazmed” on the radio, or even Christmas music (it’s November you know :). Especially when I have gotten some new songs from iTunes that I recently heard on the radio, it really gives me something to look forward to when I start my workout and carries me through till’ the end!
So what has helped you learn to love working out? I would love to hear some more ideas in the comments!
Want to try the Medifast Go program too? I would LOVE some diet buddies! Medifast is offering 7 Days of Free Medifast Meals + bonus gifts + free shipping on your first order as part of your renewal plan. That’s a killer deal! And one that you just might not see again. Sign up here :).
*Average weight loss for Medifast Direct® customers using Medifast Go™ is 11 pounds. Medifast Direct customers are in weight loss, on average, for 8 weeks.
If you want to see the first three posts from my Postpartum weight loss journey: