Okay I know what you’re thinking, “Volcanic Ash Facial Masque? Is that even a thing?” It absolutely is and I tried it out because I was just waaaaay too curious. What can I say, curiosity kill the cat… or did it?
I found out that one of my long time favorite skin care brands, Queen Helene, is using Volcanic Ash as an active ingredient in their latest masque and scrub, At first I was pretty hesitant as I wasn’t familiar with Volcanic Ash,! so I read up on it and found that it is actually a really fantastic ingredient that deep cleans and draws out pollutants from your skin. The ash acts like a magnet for pollutants to bring them to the surface so you can wash them away. Which is everything we want a masque and scrub to do, right?
After reading more about it, I absolutely wanted to try it to see what the hype was about!
Here’s what I thought:
- I loved that the masque never felt drying on my face. I have tried many many other masques and some of them left my face feeling clean but dry…which I hated and which is also horrible for my already fairly dry skin.
- My skin felt amazing and hydrated afterwards. I noticed the biggest difference when I woke up the next morning, my skin was so much more vibrant.
- It smells amazing! I was surprised at how lovely the scent was, not what I was expecting Volcanic Ash would smell like.
- The volcanic ash face scrub is the perfect duo to the masque! They both draw out pollutants from your face like you wouldn’t believe! I 100% don’t think that I would have had as awesome of results if I wouldn’t have used the scrub first to get the process started before I put the masque on.
- You can buy it at Walmart for under $5! There is nothing better than an amazing product that you can get at the drugstore without breaking the bank!
Overall, I would say that these are both products worth buying, especially for how great it felt on my skin and how inexpensive it is! Just be strategic on what time of day you apply it to your face :). If you want to purchase this awesome scrub or masque to try for yourself or just learn more about it then go here!
Have you ever tried a product made from volcanic ash? Did you like it? I would love to hear from you in the comments!